Birthplace of Homer, the Peloponnese region of Greece is steeped in history and abounding with natural wonder. From the craggy pine forested mountaintops of Taygetos, where the ancient Spartan fighters once trained, to the fertile vineyards and olive groves of Arcadia, to the opalescent Ionia Sea in the west, the Peloponnese is a land unto itself. And you’ll experience this magnificent region on foot, feeling the warm Mediterranean sun on your body, breathing the aromatic sage air and seeing sights that will astonish the senses and leave you in a state of contented delight. Along the way you’ll visit Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympics, you’ll tour the legendary marketplace of Kalamata, where the world’s top olive oils are produced, and you’ll explore the former Greek capital of Nafplio, which is known as one of the most romantic cities on earth.
2024 Tours Dates
April 13 – 20
May 11 – 18
Sept. 21 – 28
Oct. 11 – 19
2025 Tours Dates
April 12 – 19
May 10 – 17
Sept. 20 – 27
Oct. 11 – 19
- 7 nights accommodation and taxes
- Meticulously planned running and walking routes, all vetted and approved by renowned Greek-American runner, Dean Karnazes
- Daily running distances range from 5 miles to 13.1 miles (half marathon)
- Walking distances are typically 3K to 5K, with shorter options available
- Official Greek tour guides (English-speaking)
- Expert Local Run Directors
- Entrance fees to archeological sites
- All cultural experiences
- Arrival Transfer from airport
- Full use of hotel gym, workout facilities
- Departure Transfer
- All transportation and luggage transfer
- All backcountry transportation to running and sightseeing locations
- Air tickets
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses & tips
- Running gear and equipment
- Spa services available at additional cost
- Personal insurance /Travel Insurance /Accident Insurance or any other insurance is related to the package or insurance related to loss, liability or damage to personal property
- Everything not listed above
Arrive in Athens, capital of Greece, and relax and recoup in this ancient city that is vibrant and cosmopolitan in its modern incarnation. Enjoy a Greek dinner and drinks for your first night in Greece!
Travel to Kalamata, region of legendary olives and stunning contrast, with sparkling blue sea and mist-covered mountain peaks. The run and walk will be along the waterfront and guests will enjoy a traditional Greek dinner with a spectacular 360 degree view that night.
Run to the village of Alagonia to experience a festive reception by the townsfolk, complete with homemade food and drink. Pick wild fruit and nuts along the way and enjoy shaded tree-lined pathways along the trek into this fertile Greek hinterland.
Travel to the enchanting seaside port of Pylos. The run and walk will take guests to the spectacular medieval Castle of Methoni, which was constructed by the Venetians in 1209. Afternoon lunch will be at the beach. Literally, at the beach. The restaurant is on the sand.
On the fifth day of the tour we will visit arguably the most arresting location in Messinia, Voidokilla Beach. The run will start and finish in this bathtub-like natural cove and will travel along the inlet of Navarino Bay. Post run snacks and drinks will be provided at the beach, along with the soothing saltwater soak in the tranquil waters of the Ionian Sea.
Travel to Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympics in 776 BC. Guests will get to run and walk in the same areas the ancient Olympians competed. It is an experience you shall never forget.
Travel to Nafplio, former capital of Greece and known as one of the most romantic cities on earth. Run and walk along the shoreline and get an intimate feel for this dreamy seaside enclave.
The final run and walk will be to the Monastery of Aria, nested in the cliffsides above the city, with breathtaking views of the Argolic Gulf. The final dinner will be a time to cherish the memories and spend time with the new family our group has become.